Interior design has a fresh look! After years of subtle trend changes, this year style gets a complete makeover. Spaces are being lightened, softened, and eclectic merging of styles encouraged. If you’re ready for a change, the good news is almost anything goes. Find the trend that suits you and experiment with new textures, colors, and styles.
10 Design Trends to Try This Year
- Home Office – Not surprisingly, homeowners are carving out specified office and workspace.
- Separated Rooms – The open floorplans are not exactly gone, but new designs are separating spaces into separate areas.
- Houseplants and Indoor Gardens – Herb gardens and houseplants offer a soothing, natural environment.
- Rattan – Natural materials are having a huge moment and rattan furniture and accents are everywhere.
- Wood Grain – Furniture and cabinets with strong wood grain warm up living and kitchen areas.
- Playgrounds – Backyard playgrounds have been taken to the next level; offering private places for the kids to play.
- Dark and Cool Patios – Grays and blacks are showing up in patio furniture, paint colors, and hardscapes.
- Smart Bathrooms – Touchless faucets, Alexa-enabled showerheads, self-cleaning toilets, and more.
- Retro Style – Nostalgic styles and colors are prevalent this year. Bold palates and updated retro furniture are fresh again.
- Soft and Cozy – Layers of pillows, throws, and area rugs create an inviting room.
More than ever, home is a refuge. Now is the time to build a personal design that suits your lifestyle and theme. With eclectic options to suit any taste, home design has a fresh look.
If you want to talk more about this year’s design trends, feel free to reach out to me. As your personal real estate adviser, I’m here to offer you the advice you need to make the right real estate decisions and to help you navigate through the complex real estate maze.