Are you planning to sell your house? Regardless if this is your first time as a home seller, or maybe you’ve sold many homes, understanding the selling process can assure you that things are going smoothly. Successful transactions don’t just happen; it takes experience and professionals to navigate from staging to closing.
Timeline For Your Home Sale
- Choose the Right Real Estate Agent – Before you start, do your homework and find an experienced Certified Home Selling Adviser.
- Meeting With Your Agent – Your agent will tour your home and discuss your market value (including a comparative market analysis), your timing, and your financial goals in order to create a custom plan for selling your home.
- Preparing Your Home For Sale - Typically even a dated home can be spruced up with small changes in furniture placement, fresh paint, new lighting and some minor repairs.
- Listing Your House - Once your home is ready for buyers, you will list your home and your agent will implement their marketing plan.
- Offers - Once you receive offers, you will meet with your agent to review them together and determine how to respond.
- Pending Sale Process For Sellers – The buyers will complete funding requirements, obtain an appraisal and a home inspection. As the seller, you will also complete any conditions you’ve agreed to, such as repairs or termite work.
- Closing – Once all conditions have been completed, you will close the sale and receive the proceeds.
The sales process is a series of steps that you and your agent will take together. Knowing what to expect, and when, can alleviate the uncertainty you might feel as a seller.
If you want to talk more about the home selling process or my exclusive home selling marketing plan, feel free to reach out to me.